Ireshinie De Silva
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are stored on the browser or hard drive of your computer or mobile device when you visit a webpage or application. Cookies work to make your experience browsing our site as smooth as possible and they remember your preferences, so you don’t have to insert your details again and again.
There are different types of cookies. Some cookies come directly from our website and others come from third parties which place cookies on our site.
Cookies can be stored for varying lengths of time on your browser or device. Session cookies are deleted from your computer or device when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer or device until deleted or until they reach their expiry date.
We have 3 varieties of cookies which operate on our website:
- Necessary cookies
- These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request of services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Performance cookies
- These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
- Marketing cookies These cookies may be set through our site by us and our advertising partners who may use them to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Recognising when you login and what your preferred settings are
- Giving you a browsing experience that is unique to you and to serve you content which we believe improves your experience on our site
- Analysing how you use our site which helps us to troubleshoot any problems and to monitor our own performance
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are necessary to make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. To opt out of these cookies you will need to change the settings on your browser by selecting your cookie preferences. If you choose to block these cookies our website may not work as it should and any preferences you have may be lost.
How do you change cookie preferences or block cookies?
For the performance cookies and targeting cookies when starting a new session on our website, you can choose to opt-out of these. It is possible that any advertising you receive will be less targeted as a result, but the site should function correctly.
If you wish to disable the strictly necessary cookies, then within your browser you can choose whether you want to accept cookies or not. Different browsers make different controls available to you. Generally, your browser will offer you the choice to accept, refuse or delete all cookies, third-party cookies or specific website cookies. Each browser’s website should contain instructions on how you can do this.
If you block these cookies on our website, you may be unable to access certain areas of our website and certain functions and pages will not work in the usual way.
We may update this policy from time to time. Please check this policy regularly to ensure you are aware of the most updated version.
Date Updated: …./10/2020